
Well, there are so many things to write about I don't know where to begin! Last week was a CRAZY week. We found out Sunday afternoon that poor LaVella had a pinched nerve in her back and wasn't able to sit for Landon all week, and the craziness just went on from there. After being shuffled around and out of his routine, he of course was cranky. I thought it was due to the lack of sleep, then I thought he was teething, and then on Wednesday he started breaking out in this icky rash. Turns out the poor kid had a reaction to his MMR vaccine. He's fully recovered now, but was not feeling so hot in the middle of the week.
Thursday I got a call from Rochester School District and as of Monday evening's board meeting I am no longer merely a Rocket FAN. :) I will be teaching, most likely, first grade, possibly second depending on numbers. Either way I am SUPER excited about being part of the district Landon will go to and having a three minute commute instead of a 28 minute one.
Friday we awoke at 4:40 a.m. to our bed shaking. There were several explicitives that flew from my mouth being jarred from my bed that early. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Meanwhile, Chad was just sawing logs on his side of the bed. Kind of ironic that we had an earthquake because Chad's family from California flew in late Thursday night and stayed in St. Louis. I'm not pointing fingers, but you have to say, it is very ironic. Aunt Melissa reportedly sat up in our her hotel room bed and said, "I didn't know St. Louis had earthquakes!" I wish she would've been here to inform us idiots what was going on, because I was thinking all kinds of things....tornado, plane crash...END OF THE WORLD. You know I'm a little dramatic. 

So once the fam from California got into town we pulled off the big SU-PRISE, SU-PRISE, SU-PRISE for Grandma Marilyn. She was surprised enough that they had come, but to top it off there was an actual surprise party on Saturday and on Sunday we had family pictures at Washington Park. Landon had a great time p
laying with his aunts, uncles, and cousins. To the left, Nathan is exposing Landon to the wonderful world of hand held electronics. As you can see, he was soaking it all in. To the right is a picture of Tyler and Landon, just minutes before Tyler came to Landon's rescue and saved him from falling head first, backwards down the gazebo steps. Nice moves, Tyler.
laying with his aunts, uncles, and cousins. To the left, Nathan is exposing Landon to the wonderful world of hand held electronics. As you can see, he was soaking it all in. To the right is a picture of Tyler and Landon, just minutes before Tyler came to Landon's rescue and saved him from falling head first, backwards down the gazebo steps. Nice moves, Tyler.
Landon also was a big fan of the ducks at Washington Park. Uncle Scott had to keep a nice grasp on the boy to keep him from jumping in the pond after the poor birds.
And, last picture...
Landon, Aunt Kelly, Uncle Scott, and if you look closely (okay if you pretend) you can see the newest member of our family who will arrive in late October, baby Skeletor Mehring/She-Rah Mehring. Those are Scott's choices....like I really needed to say that. That's right people, I'm going to be a Rocket AND an aunt! Can life get any sweeter?! I think not.
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! I knew they couldn't resist you any longer :)
Woo-hoo! Congrats, Rocket!
CONGRATS!!!! What a week! It all seems to happen at once doesn't it.
Post a Comment