Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Aaahhh....I love spring break"



Last week was not that exciting. In fact, I'm so excited about having this coming week off, that I'm having trouble remembering much of last week. All I can say is the kids were CRAAAZY all week, and by the time Friday rolled around I wasn't nearly as excited as I had anticipated. I was mostly just plain old exhausted. Landon and I went to see Baby Scott on Saturday. Landon and Paige (Baby Scott's big sis) had a grand time chasing bubbles from the bubble machine and going on a wagon ride. We definitely need to look into purchasing a wagon like this. Complete with cup holders! Neato!


All of us had a very productive day today. After church and teaching Sunday school in the 2s room, I worked outside raking leaves, and raking leaves, and raking leaves, and oh, raking leaves. Yowzers I didn't realize how many leaves were in our stinkin' landscaping. My hands are blistered, my arms are sunburnt, and my shoulders feel like they're in knots. As you can see though, I had some cheap help. I think he actually held the rake for about all of 10 seconds. He spent the rest of the time running through the piles of leaves and scattering them back to the places I had raked them from. Oh well. Good healthy family fun.
Chad got my clothesline (that I believe we purchased last October) put up. This is my effort to be kind to the environment. We're going green people! I hate that saying, "Going green." What does green have to do with it anyway? (You really don't need to explain it to me. I get it, but I don't care for it. That's all I'm saying.)
So now, my agenda for the upcoming week....whew...it's a big one. I plan to
A) Paint the bathroom. And for those of you who know me well, you will not be surprised to hear it's not going to be one solid color. :) Hopefully I'll put an "after" picture up next Sunday. I know you all are going to be on the edge of your seat waiting to see our john.
B)clean all of our hard woods with lemon oil. Thanks Big Lou for the recommendation...I think it's really going to shine them up
C) Organize my closet and move all of my stinkin' winter clothes downstairs. I don't care if it's still going to be 40, I REFUSE to wear my winter sweaters any longer!
D) Work out at least 4 of the 5 mornings. I've been doing really well at this. I've lost 2 of the 5 pounds I want to lose before summer. If I had not have eaten oh about 10 pounds of chocolate over Easter, I'd probably already be done. But it WAS WORTH IT! I'd do it over in a heart beat.
E) Clean and prepare the house for a purse party to be held next Sunday, and during that party find a purse that's actually more like a suitcase that I can carry all of Landon's garb in and still look fashionable.
F) Misc. chores and errands (take Landon to the Dr. for his 15 month appt., do and actually put away the laundry, grocery shop, file bills...ya-da, ya-da, ya-da)
I'll let you know how I do on this list next Sunday.

No comments: