A post of randomness here, but sometimes those are the best. Grant asked in the car sometime in January, "Is it still winter, Mom?" and I of course said, "yes honey" as I cranked up the heat and noticed that the temperature reading in the car was below zero (AGAIN). His reply is one of my all time favorite Grant quotes: "Man, Winter is a long day to get over."
Can I get an amen?!
Winter was 'getting over' though weeks later. Here are some glimpses of the end of winter.
Girls soccer season started! And Aunt Kellse is an assistant coach this year! We had a carry out dinner one Friday night after practice, and played a little competitive Zingo. It was shortly after the second picture that Grant ended up in tears because the volume in the room scared the bejeebies out of him. You don't see that a lot from Grant. It was hard not to laugh.
One of the first days it was a comfortable temperature to be outside without a jacket, we picked Grant up and I took the boys to the Lake Park for a little bit. I thought they'd be excited, but it was less than well received from Lando, who was 'just ready to go home.' We did manage to entertain ourselves throwing rocks onto the icy parts of the lake and trying to break holes through. Really I think if you give any boy a puddle of water and a pile of rocks, they could entertain themselves for hours.
Some of the rocks we found were special rocks, too of course. One of them, 'a fossil' got brought home with us and just yesterday was relocated from a backpack to a flowerpot in the front yard.
So eventually I drug them away from the mud, water, and rocks and back to the playground...which didn't last long because Landon proceeded to slip off a very high set of monkey bars flat onto his back and bootie. Sigh. I couldn't win with him that day. He fell hard too....I hate those moments. You can see what's going to happen and just as you take a breath to say something to prevent it from happening, it happens, in S-L-O-O-O-W-W motion. :( He turned out to be okay, but complained about his tush hurting for quite a few days. I'm sure he was bruised up...but I bet he doesn't attempt any swinging tricks on monkey bars for awhile. Chalk that lesson up to learning it the hard way.
No comments:
Post a Comment