Monday, October 14, 2013

Summer O Curb Appeal

Alrighty...we've got to start somewhere so this is gonna be it.  My all-star, do it all and do it well (unless it's to do with organization, because that's why he has me...hehe!), setting the bar super high for all you other yay whos husband,  whom this summer put his life in danger in the name of curb appeal by hanging shutters on our house.  (That sentence probably would make all my English major friends cringe...sorry bout that)

So this summer we tackled the front of the house, we added landscaping edging to the front along the garage, added another level to the front landscaping against the house, and moved and added plants, and replaced our mailbox and added edging around it, too.  That PLUS the shutters.  Phew.  Kind of a lot...especially with two little guys running around here and summer soccer in full swing.

Chad is not one to really enjoy heights so the second story shutters were a bit of a challenge.  At one point he was sitting in one of the second story windows with me holding on to his legs while he leaned out with the drill.  If any of the neighbors saw this going on, they were really wondering about our sanity I'm sure.  And they really got a chuckle when I attempted to move the enormous ladder and it tipped over, doinking me in the head on the way down.  Duh.  

he made it safely down....phew!
And while we were doing a circus act with the shutters, there was soccer going on on the driveway...OF COURSE!

Landon's got the camera....look out!

haha!  Maybe the zoom was a little much there, Lando.  
Ah!  Now that's better.  Look at this handsome boy!
So I never took a picture of the front of the house while everything was in bloom and green...here's the best thing I've got...First day of school wide angle shot.  :)  I'm still warming up to the blue.  I wish it had just a tad more purple in it.  It's teetering on country blue which makes me nearly gag.  It'll be alright I'm sure.  There's no way in you know where I'm asking him to take em down so I can repaint them.  That'd be grounds for separation and I couldn't blame him. one. bit.  ;)

No comments: