Sunday, February 10, 2013

February Food Post

CHEESE!!!

Looking back on the days when the blog was new (sigh...that's been awhile!) there are a TON of pictures of Landon and food.  I mean I guess food is a highlight of our days if we're honest, but apparently to the woman with the camera, it's the ONLY THING TO TAKE PICTURES OF???

I'm back to my old ways with this post.  Here we have Grant eating cereal...with milk dripping off of his chin onto Optimus Prime.  Now THAT is a picture of a boy.  

And here we are last Sunday morning stirring up some french toast.  Poor Chad went down last Friday with the official dreaded INFLUENZA virus!  We huddled up the rest of the weekend in our jammy pants...mostly because I just figured the rest of us were carrying it around too and didn't feel the need to infect everyone we knew and strangers out and about.  I armed myself with bleach spray and cleaning accessories...plus I also whipped up some tasty treats trying to tempt my sick man to EAT SOMETHING.  He bit.  French toast too!  I never would've thought it!  Mr. I Will Not Eat a Carb ( at least not until after my life insurance policy physical is over)

Grant hasn't had the little chef experience that Landon had by the age of three.  I figured I'd better let this kid starting crackin' some eggs and slopping some stuff out of bowls or we were both gonna miss the boat!

This kind of work requires full concentration...
Landon was less than impressed with the french toast. I haven't made it forever (since previously mentioned no carb man lives here)...so they had forgotten I guess.  Fortunately I was able to persuade them to at least try it.  It's a pitiful parenting moment when you're trying with all your might to stuff french toast down your children.  Really Megan?  Really?  Maybe not a battle to fight.  It has zero nutritional value.  It wasn't about that though.  It was the principle, darn it.  

Grant didn't eat his until it had sat on the counter and gotten cold...then he decided he'd eat it so he could have a morning snack.  Sigh.  Fine.  They're missin' out though!!!  Don't you agree?!


This is where Grant is spending a lot of his time as of late.  Yes, he's totally trained and has been since before Christmas...but the boy INSISTS on taking his clothes off to sit on the potty.  
What is that?  I'll tell ya what it is, it's time consuming...and I'm guessing chilly.  
and our favorite game to play sans clothing on the toilet...spin the toilet paper roll....and it doesn't matter if the roll is empty or not folks.  Time consuming just turned into time consuming AND messy.  
 We've been having Creighton chill with us on Thursdays after school since Tressa is Mom of the Year and coaching a Lego League.  Yes, I know!  I choose my friends wisely folks.  I'm her young grasshopper in training.  Here are the two handsome besties putting in some Lego time themselves.
 Okay, now moving on to our next food photo opp...Saturday morning I made myself some hot tea.  Chad having the flu has really sparked us drinking hot tea here.  I'm trying to limit my coffee intake and I guess it's been a little more difficult than I thought it would be.  Hot tea is a nice replacement though.  A little caffeine...not as much....and definitely much better for the acid reflux than coffee.  So, any who, I had some on Saturday morning and Landon decided it was pretty delish, so I made him a cup.  He. is. a. hoot. I tell ya.  You get the camera out and he puts on a show...if we lived closer to some talent agency I'd take him in there and hire him out.  I'm not kiddin. I'm including a lot of pictures here...because I just can't help it.















 We were working on a little something for Grandma Ruth....it's a special week you know.  Chemo treatments are done after Tuesday!  Woot woot!!!  We had some Pandora radio and coloring going on, and then Dixie Chicks singing Iko Iko came on and we added dancing to the morning too.  That's a good Saturday morning.
 ...and here's another naked picture of Grant...refusing to put his clothes back on AFTER using the potty...and stealing a sip of tea.  Sneaky little nakie man.
 Okay, now here we have some pics that were NOT centered around food.  He was however entertained by the iPhone.




 Landon filling in his Valentines for his classmates...all by himself.  He's getting more independent about getting school work done.  Score!  I do that ALL DAY...I'm good if he can do it without me!

I was thinking about something profound to blog about earlier this week, but now that I'm sitting here, nothing profound is coming to mind.  I'm looking forward to a normal week, with no sick days (knocking on wood right now, too), and a long weekend coming up.  That's all good even if it's not profound! 


No comments: