Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy um...EASTER!



 Now that it's nearly June, here's what I remember about Easter...ugh...wish me luck.  I've slept since then....

We were planning on heading to Mom and Dad sans Chad because he was playing in Bloomington on Saturday and on the schedule it was a ridiculous 5 p.m. game, but turned out someone else finally realized it was ridiculous too and moved it to 11...so instead of leaving Papa Bear behind we waited for him to come home and didn't get to Mom and Dad's until Saturday for dinner. There was still enough time for some very candid blog shots though.  Grant with his first Easter Peeps...and Landon with bunny glasses.  Grandma playing with these cute little pop up sports balls that you're supposed to catch in a little cup, which made for some VERY candid shots that I had trouble weeding down.






 We also dyed eggs while sports bunny ear headbands Mom purchased for the whole fam damily.  That's right...and you know those big boys weren't cooperative in wearing them?  Can you believe that?  Huh.




 Our little golfer...wearing his Master's shirt in a timely fashion...OF COURSE.  But hey, um, Grant, I think the pros are required to wear some pants of some sort.  We'll work on that.
 Easter morning the Rabbit found the boys in Hord.  That's one SMART Wabbit.  Grant got a baby lion cub that cries until you feed him his bottle.  Landon creatively named him Simba, no matter how hard I tried to change his mind.  Dern.



Landon finally got some Squinkies....oh the rage!!  These teeny tiny little plastic figurines that come in teeny tiny little plastic balls.  Despite the teeny tininess they do encourage pretend play so I'm good with that.  They've also come in quite handy in church.  It's harder than you think to find a quiet toy these days!  Landon makes them talk to each other (which I find extremely entertaining)  and they also play in the kitchen sink with bubbles a lot.  I'm sure you probably recognize some of these folks here...Super Heroes....Landon's new obsession.




And speaking of obsessions....Landon got a MobiGo for his birthday and guess who plays with it....uh yeah....this guy over here.  King of the Bed Heads.  
 We went to church which was wonderful as it always is at CUMC...I did mention to Mom that I really missed singing Christ the Lord is Risen Today though.  You've GOTTA sing that on EASTER!  I pretty much hummed it in my head the rest of the afternoon though, so I guess whether or not it's part of the service is irrelevant.  Here are me and my handsome princes after church on MawMaw's couch.  I tell ya....I couldn't get any luckier.    And below are Baleigh and Aunt Lori...and um, yes...that's a true testament to height there.  I don't know when it happened but my baby cousin isn't a baby anymore.  

 And here's the fam....We DID manage to get one with Landon only threatening to cross his eyes instead of REALLY crossing him like he did at Christmas.  WHAT in the world.?!?!  Nice holiday family photo opp....oh no.  Kid with crossed eyes in the front row.  Kinda reminds me of Cousin Eddy's fam a little...Landon however has not been kicked by a mule.





 How sweet is this picture?!?!  I LOVE IT!!!!

And on that note...we're ending Easter in Effy!




No comments: