Thursday, January 6, 2011

Party, Party, Par-tay!


Party, party, and party, was our weekend I tell ya. Three birthday parties in two days! That's a lot of ice cream and cake! Thankfully I had ZERO cake, and only a scoop of ice cream. YAY, me! Don't ask me how many calories I ate in chips and dip though. :( I've been working out people. I'm pretty proud of myself. It may be a little early to brag, but I'm on week three of running on the treadmill and I'm running a little more than a mile solid. I'm pretty sure, I've never done that in my entire life. I gotta do something with myself. I'm in need of some stress relief....and being able to wear my pre-preggo jeans would be an added bonus. I digress....along with the ZERO cake, I took ZERO pictures. :( For what it's worth:
Happy 1st Birthday, Caleb!
Happy 2nd Birthday, Ella!
Happy 3rd Birthday, Charli!

So, a couple weeks ago, I failed to report that Landon had a CT scan and everything was C.L.E.A.R. Yippee! That's the important part....the clear part...the rest of the details of the story aren't nearly as good. I was pumped because there was no sedation this time....turns out...I could've used some sedation after holding him down while the nurses fished for a vein in his arm to put his contrast in through an I.V. Ugh. Then two days after that, I held Grant down to have blood drawn for his one year appointment. That is THE WORST. (that's relative of course....there's always something else worse than "the worse") All I gotta say is I'm so over needles bein jabbed into my boys! Keep away white coats! We don't need you here (for another six months). Landon has really gotten into playing the game Memory these days. Here he is with Daddy...kinda in a choke hold, playing Memory the night before his CT.

And Grant...where should I start? Grant, Grant, Grant. I say this kid's name about 25 times a day and MOST of his day he's with a BABY-SITTER! I'm not a fan of Jersey Shore AT ALL, but somehow Chad and I got into a conversation about Grant and the level of maintenance he requires, and the conversation somehow turned into how we should start referring to our number two son as, "The Situation." He's practically enough of a trainwreck where he COULD be on Jersey Shore.
Here he is in his ball pit he got for Christmas from Uncle Stallion, Aunt Kelly, and Uncle Scotty. This picture also reminds me of Grant's talking, or lack there of. He says NO words except "Mom!, Da-da, and huh-uh). But the kid jabbers non stop. Every word ends with an 'nth' sound though. He sounds Dutch. Here's what he looks like when he's making the 'nth' sound. :)

He's also a big giggle box....AND everytime he gets the giggles, he gets the hiccups. Poor baby.
Got some good Grant videos for you this week...giggles and all.
























I have no other real "news" to report. There are other things taking up my brain space at the moment, like
...I hope we don't have to buy a new washer this week after Dick VanDyke comes out to look at our current one. Gotta be something wrong with that thing though judging by the dampness of the clothing I'm taking out of it. You shouldn't have to spin one load of laundry 4 times to put it in the dryer. Doesn't sound positive does it? Ugh.
...I heard today is supposedly the saddest day of the year...you know...the shortest day/longest night...like we're on the down hill slide of winter...but I have to think tomorrow is gonna be sadder for me. We had the day off today! How can that be sad?!
...I think I'm going to make more of an effort to paint my nails more often. I hardly EVER do it anymore. I guess I've convinced myself I don't have time, but seriously, it doesn't take that long, and my hands feel so pretty when they're painted. It's shallow, but I think it's worth the 30 minutes it takes.
...WHHHHHHY will Landon not go to sleep when it's almost 10:00 at night?! If this kid asks for "some little bit of milk" one more time, I'm gonna have to smudge my nails and get him some! I LOVE to go to sleep! Why doesn't he?!?!
I give up....you've heard enough ramblings. I'm wrappin this up.

Until next week...(or whenever I have the time or some worthy news to report), I bid you adieu blog readers. :) Stay warm!

No comments: