
Pretend has been the name of the game this week. It's Landon's favorite thing to do, besides play the Wii of course, which we have had to monitor using the oven timer. By the way, the oven timer has some kind of strange power. We used it to potty train...when it went off, he had to go try. Now, I set it when we come home from school and when it goes off, so does the Wii. No questions asked. If one of us says it's time to turn it off, he asks, "did the timer go off?" Like, "I don't necessarily have to listen to you, but I must obey the timer." Whatever gets it done. If it takes the incessant beeping of the oven to get him to do something without arguing, whatever. It's the same end result.

So back to pretending. This week we have played Jack and the Beanstalk several times. Landon is Jack of course and Daddy is the giant. When I play, I get to be Super Why....which is a show Landon likes and has on DVD. Super Why is a character in the Beanstalk story on dvd....any who...."Jack" tip toes around the "giant" while the giant and mommy are talking about our day, discussing what to do for dinner, etc. Then today, we played a new one.
Landon: "Mom, let's play that you are Mary, I am Joseph, and Grant's Baby Jesus."
Chad: "Who can I be?"
Landon: "Umm....you can be the shepherds....all three of them."
Mommy: "Okay, sounds good"
'Joseph' watches tv next to Baby Jesus and 'Mary' goes to the kitchen to cook breakfast. 'Jesus' starts to fuss.
Landon: "Hey! Mary! Jesus is startin' to whine in here."
Grant was Jesus the rest of the morning. "ooop. Jesus puked again." "Do we have any new batteries for Jesus's toy?" Seriously. It's really difficult not to laugh at him....most of the day.
The rest of the week was just blah. The field trip on Monday went fine, but it wasn't sunny and it wasn't 60. The future of Illinois public education doesn't look too sunny either. Budget woes pretty much ruined the week there. I still have my job, but there are several who may not. The paper here reported this week that 17,000 teachers in Illinois will be without jobs this year. Fantastic. Sigh. Moving on...
Landon helped me make French toast this morning. He's quite the chef. This is another thing he likes to pretend....he's Little Chef (the rat from Ratatouille). There's a little short on the Disney Channel that I love, called Tasty Time with Ze Fronk. Here's Tasty Time with Ze Landon. :)
We got to some outside playing this week, too....THANK GOODNESS. Here's our little hitter.
Our pediatrician prescribed some Zantac for Grant this week to see if it would help with his puking. I thought it was getting better, but today it's been probably the worst it's ever been. Here he is enjoying his bouncy seat and me consulting with him over his pukiness...if that's a word.

So I'm thinking of starting a new feature on the blog....Landon's Literary Reviews. Here's the first one. Landon got his first "book order" book this past week. "I Stink." I haven't gotten to read him the book, because he "reads" it to me everytime. I say everytime, but it's only been twice. Here's the first reading to daddy. Please take note of the "crab grabber" which is a lobster claw. And the word he's calling the radishes....don't know where he picked that up. Yikes. Could've been me, but definitely not while reading the story. Caught it on video though. We were both too busy trying to control our laughter that we didn't really reprimand as we should've probably. Hopefully it won't come up again....yeah right.
3 comments:
Eeeeeee!!! - That's one cute baby bouncing around in his bouncy seat!
Megan, I love all the videos.It is so fitting that Chad's 3 year old would know what "choking up" on the bat means and that he can hit a baseball better than most junior high kids. I just want to come tickle Grant's little legs. He is just delicious even with all the pukiness. Hope to see you soon and get the little ones together,
Rebecca
I'm thinking that Grant is keeping enough in his stomach - just judging by those cute chunker legs!! I can't wait to squeeze them!!
Post a Comment