Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Used to___, but Now____

We've had a busy weekend here...again...what else is new right? Aunt Lori and Baleigh came for a short visit last Sunday. The girls had their first soccer game (against Glenwood...and a 2-1 loss...not bad!) Chad's Uncle Rob has been here visiting from California. And Mom came up for a baby fix. The week was equally hectic though I can't really report why...other than just life is like that now here.



We did make it out for our first walk of the season. I'm having to relearn how to manage outside trips again. We do have a double stroller but it's pretty big, which poses two problems when we want to walk from any other starting destination besides our driveway. 1) I can't fold and LIFT it. 2)Even if I could, it won't fit in my trunk. So when meeting Kristi and Charli this week I opted for the regular stroller and the Batman tricycle. Things went okay. Let's just say I learned a few things...









a)Landon CAN reach the pedals but prefers not to. He just wants to scoot...which brings me to

b)When scooting down a hill, there is a danger of a tricycle flipping back over front. Luckily Kristi was there to prevent the flip, which would've most definitely ended in disaster and probably would've ended in a very deep, very wet ditch.

c)It is impossible to walk at a speed to provide any type of exercise with a rookie tricycle rider

d)We may need to invest in a sit and stand stroller that both boys can ride on, or I may just need to leave Landon at soccer practice when we want to walk.

Here are the kids after our "walk" that wasn't much of a walk.

So, on to the theme of the week...I Used to___, but Now____.

Grant used to puke all over everything in sight, but now that they doubled his Zantac this week, he doesn't. But he does have really bad gas that makes him unhappy and unable to sleep well.

Which is the lesser of two evils I ask....I'm voting for the puke, because...

We used to take turns sleeping all night while the other got up once with Grant and once with Landon, but now...we are up MULTIPLE times with Grant and get very little sleep on our night on duty. Seriously....on Wednesday night I was in and out of bed so many times it was insane....Grant in bed at 10:30, me in bed at 11:15. Grant up at 12:30, me back in bed at 1:15. Landon up at 2:30, me back in bed at 2:50. Grant up at 3:30, me back in bed at 4:15. My alarm off at 5:30....ME CURSING THE MORNING. Chad felt so bad for me at 3:30 he got up and fixed the bottle....NOT his duty night. This pattern has become the result of the next...

I used to not enjoy coffee, but now I can't start my morning without it. I do love me some Vanilla Latte skinny creamer. If you aren't a regular coffee drinker, I HIGHLY recommend this. It has no fat either!! I'm sure it has lots of sugar, but I'm not looking because I have to have SOMETHING to get me through the morning.

I used to think our Sony Cybershot was the bomb of compact digital cameras, but now I HATE THE STINKIN' THING. This has been an ongoing problem and I won't bore you with it again, but this is really makin' me angry. To put it calmly and use an I Message like I've been taught to use in conflict resolution: (deep breath) I feel very frustrated when my camera shuts off in the middle of taking pictures or video and when I send it back to Sony, the Geek Squad at Best Buy just calls and says they can't find anything wrong with it. Come pick it up. My advice to you: AVOID Sony cameras at all costs.

I used to think that getting our taxes figured was just something we had to do and not really something to look forward to, but now we get such a good refund that I'm pumped when it's tax time. Maybe we'll use part of our refund to replace our camera this year....hey, and guess what Sony? You're not gettin' any of it. Deal with that.

I used to still have to wear my borrowed maternity wear jeans, but now I can wear my own jeans again! Well, two of the four pairs. But still...YAY for non elastic waist pants!

AND....
I used to think that Double Stuf Oreos were the best ever....but now I know I was wrong. Mint Creme Oreos are the bestest! No doubt about it! Probably shouldnt' eat too many of those. I'll be back in the elastic pants huh? :)

So the week on the horizon looks equally busy as this week: we've got two soccer games, open house at my school, first grade is hosting a luncheon for RES staff which requires two desserts from me, Larry's birthday party on Friday, Brooke's birthday party on Saturday, Meet the Rockets on Saturday night. WHOA. BUT THEN....it's spring break baby!! OOOH YEAH!

Oh, and I keep forgetting to add this in, but the blog turned two years old two weeks ago....and to you, Keepin' Up with the Kutschers, I wish a happy birthday, and many more entertaining and milestone documenting years to come!

3 comments:

Sara B said...

mint creme oreos are a big hit in our house as well

The Reynolds Family said...

I used to clean my own toilets, but now I have a cleaning lady:)

Liz said...

I used to comfortably fit in my non-elastic pants, and many of them were actually big, but now the time that I'll need those blessed elastic pants is approaching...and FAST!