
I took zero pictures this week, so I'm starting you off with a picture of Landon under the Christmas tree last year....his first Christmas. He's so little! My how things change in one year.
My plan was to get Landon to sing a holiday song for each weekly blog in the month of December. We've been working tirelessly on the Little Drummer Boy. I knew he'd love to do the "pa rum pum pum pums." Well, he does, but not for the camera. However, Saturday night we took him to see Willy Wonka Jr. the musical and he will sing the Oompa Loompa Song over and over with the camera rolling. It may not be a holiday song, but it's still pretty cute. Don't worry though, we're pulling out all the stops for next week's blog. He's got "Away in a Manger" down pat and it's pretty darn cute.
If you'd like to see more singing performances by Landon, you need to check out the Mehring blog of the week. Uncle Stallion taught him "can I get a witness" from "Some Kind of Wonderful." It's on their blog, complete with hand motions. Abby even gives her debut "performance." Choice entertainment.
So this week was the week that just kept going and going and going. We had something going on every night starting with Monday all the way through last night. Here are some highlights: *Monday, I got new highlights...a little bit of red. Oooh--la-la. I'm feeling Christmasy!
*Tuesday, one of Chad's friends tried to sell us a $3000 vacuum and air filtration system. That'd be great, but did you read that it's THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS! I mean, I'm all for clean, but THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS?!
*Wednesday, we caroled with small group and visited with our old neighbor Ken in his new home. We also took Landon for a spin through Hooker Street....now hold the phone here, let me explain. While this does sound like something inappropriate to be doing with our toddler, Hooker Street is in Laketown (an area of Springfield) and is famous for it's Christmas lights. Landon enjoyed the bright lights and the Griswold inspired decor of most houses on the street...nothing else.
*Thursday, we had our last night of "Singing with Miss Sarah" until January, and Landon got a birthday sticker! Chad and I began the attempt of finishing our Christmas shopping, but just ended up knocking a couple more things off the list.
*Friday, we had dinner at the Mehring house and went to the RHS faculty Christmas party, where I had to leave with no coat because someone else left with mine. Oops. That's what I get for having a very common gray pea coat.
*Saturday, WE FINISHED OUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING. I made two lists and we divided and conquered. That evening we ate at Panera where I chomped down on my son's finger while he was trying to feed me a bite of his grilled cheese. Mother of the year award heading my way. In my defense, he did put his finger directly in my mouth underneath the sandwich. I didn't realize it until it was too late. After he recovered we saw Willy Wonka, as mentioned above.
*Today: church, Christmas card addressing, Christmas cookie baking, Christmas gift crafting, all the while with Christmas music playing in the background.
I'm sure many of you have seen our "Oompa Loompa" of a governor on television this week. I won't spend long on this, but I'm going to use Landon's new favorite thing to say: "Are you kiddin' me!?" What a doofus. I mean we knew he was a doofus long before now, but this just prooves he's just out of his flippin' mind. You all know Landon's interest in politics, and we had been rehearsing and adding to Obama's cabinet. He's learned Hillary Clinton this week...that may be more inappropriate than taking him for a spin down Hooker Street. We also learned our governor this week, since he was on television so much. Landon has something else to say about the governor, too. (well, really he just repeats everything we tell him to and some things that we don't....it's still funny though.) I think Rod better watch his butt, I'm nominating Landon Kutscher as his replacement. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment