This has been our first good snow in the 'new' house! We got almost a foot of snow Friday night. There's not much that makes me happier than having an actual reason NOT to leave the house (exception: sickness). Chad came home Saturday afternoon from spending two nights in Chicago at a coaching conference. As soon as he got home we suited up the boys and shoved them out the door.
We made the beginnings of a snow fort, but then Puddin' got up from her nap. I was so excited to take her out to play in the snow....just KNEW she'd love it.
In retrospect, I think I may have set myself up for rejection when I presented the snowsuit. She wasn't really awake yet, and the girl does have her own opinions when it comes to fashion. (insert wide eyed emoji here) She managed to throw such an adamant fit about it, I finally just gave up, slapped her hat on, and threw a coat and boots on top of her jammies, (yes. she was still wearing jammies at 3:00. don't judge) gave her to Daddy, and hoped for the best....still thinking as soon as she was in the snow she'd come out of it.
That was a no.
A FIRM NO.
So...her and I ditched the layers and hit the couch. Our view below. I'm not complaining. It was warm all snuggled up in all our blankets and comfy clothes.
Sunday: TAKE TWO
I put Annie down for an EARLY nap, let her wake up on her own, and when she started to put her heels down on the snowsuit, I took her in her room and said what do YOU want to wear. She chose the vest. Perfect. And I swear she already had that bow in her hair. (wiping a tear....I'm just full of pride...I mean, even her binky coordinates. She's just a little slice of perfection.)
We plopped her in the stroller and took off for the golf course....for hills of course! While we were waiting for Daddy and Landon at the end of the driveway, she declared: "Mom! I'm warm! I'm warm!!!! I need a blanket!!!!!!!" Me: Puddin, I think you mean cold. Momma will hold you while we wait for Daddy. Sigh.
Hey. Here's the front of the house from our waiting spot.. I took it because it's so peaceful with the snow....and also because I hope next winter, it doesn't look like a funeral home from this view. But I want to remember it when it did.
Good news! Daddy finally got that sled down, got his Mountain Dew, found his sunglasses, went to the bathroom and JOINED US! LOVE this picture. She is SUCH a Daddy's girl. (Knucks, Baby Girl. Me too, me too.)
SLEDDING!!!!!
Annie's first run....she went down with Momma!
She didn't cry, but she was less than impressed.
This guy is having a big year. He's so easy going and laid back. He's a happy kid who I think has the potential to be the leader his Daddy is. He's just a likable guy. (both of them ;)
UGH! MY HEART. He's growing up....and is such a neat kid. (When he's not being a total smart ass and jerk to his brother. I do realize both of those are his role now as a preteen, and that whole sarcastic thing may be genetic. I can't be mad.)
Yeah. She still wasn't havin' it.
Nope. Nope. Still no.
At this point she's just tolerating us.
We just got the call that school is closed tomorrow. I knew it would happen since I didn't want it to. This school year is destined to be a long one. But, I guess what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger right? I'll just start hoping I don't die.
No comments:
Post a Comment