We brought Annelise home on Sunday, August 14. Leaving the hospital was not as big of an ordeal as I remembered it being with both of the boys. There was no waiting around for paperwork or doctor approval. Maybe because I had doctor approval to go home Saturday if we wanted it, but we didn't go...because recovering from this c-section was WAY BIGGER of an ordeal as I remembered it being with both of the boys. ;) I was definitely ready to go on Sunday, but only with lots of help. Hey, great segway. Here's two of my helpers right here. Super excited to take their sister home. 
Landon called first to sit by Annelise, and as of now (seven weeks later) they're still arguing/taking turns over who's sitting by her every time we get in the car. I thought we'd be utilizing the third row seat immediately, but so far the only time we use it is when we're hauling additional kids. :) 
Man...I'm killin' it with the seg ways here...Another special boy got to meet Annelise on Sunday too. Here's Auggie giving her a little sniff. He wasn't that interested to begin with really.
I love this one with all three of them peering at her.
Cousin Chaos! Welcome to the family, Annelise!
You'll be up contributing to the chaos before we know it!
And Big Brother Snuggles!
SIGH.
Chad grilled burgers and we enjoyed a meal 'together' before school started the next day (for Chad) And by together I mean we all ate on a tray in the living room because there was no way I was going to be able to hoist myself up to our bar height kitchen table and the dining room table was covered in something (probably Legos if I had to guess) Annelise even ate her dinner at the same time, too.
And here we are...in 'our spot' where we spent A LOT of time before her arrival and also A LOT of time after. So much so that I think a new couch may be on the shopping list before too long. We may have squished that corner down where it isn't able to puff back up again. But man, were we comfy doing it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment