Saturday, September 14, 2013

FIRST day of FIRST grade!!

 So here's Lando, the night before school started, posing in front of the countdown board.  After getting his Welcome to First Grade postcard from Mrs. Schwartz, he was ECSTATIC to go to first grade.  Mrs. Schwartz added a PS to the postcard, telling Landon he was going to have to teach her about Star Wars.  He was literally jumping up and down when he showed it to Chad.  :)



FIRST Day Pancakes!
 Grant enjoyed his pancake, while 'Zeldy' waited for morsels to be dropped.  She stayed with us for a week while Mom and Dad made a quick trip to Michigan to see Michael and Bob and Deb.

 Dressed and ready for the 'step' picture.  :)
I was kind of bummed my clematis didn't decide to bloom for the occasion.  It turned out okay though, because I totally forgot to print the first day of first grade sign with the date on it, so we did a re-do when it was in bloom.  Boom.  Dilemma solved.  

 And now, here you can see my first day of school clothes, too.  Lovely reflection in the door.  The older Grant gets the more he looks like Landon!!  Look at their little faces!!  Seriously!!  Same everything...except poor Grant got my pasty complexion.  Sorry baby.  :)

Zelda got in a pic.  She wasn't as excited about first grade, but she did think it was pretty cool to be sitting on the step with no leash.  I'm sure of it.



 See my new shutters?!  They match the front door.  God bless Chad for hanging out that upper level window with his drill.  All in the name of curb appeal.  I've got pics of that, too.  I was waiting until I got a good front of the house shot with the flowers in bloom and all.  And yeah, now they're all withering away and that's not gonna happen.  I oughta just post Chad and call it a day.  :)
Grant spent the first day with Tressa and Cash! 
 ...and the second day with Lindsay and Wade!  He's so lucky to get to spend his days with these sweet mamas!
 ...and speaking of sweet....here's who'll you'll see if you look it up in the dictionary:  Mrs. Schwartz.  Okay, maybe that's a stretch, but if WE could write the dictionary, that's who we'd put there.  Landon is one lucky boy.  Day 2 of school Mrs. Schwartz had already made the 'thank you God' list at the end of our nightly prayer.  He's in the perfect hands for first grade.  <3 nbsp="" p="">
 ...and it's pretty cool having him in MY hallway this year! 
 ...Landon AND all these lovely ladies to spend my days with?!  Blessed, blessed, blessed.  :)  

No comments: