Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday (insert a family name heeee-re) Happy Birthday to You!

Okay, NO it wasn't everyone in the picture's birthday, within two weeks the Coxes and Kutschers have celebrated birthdays for: Uncle Don, Brett, Larry, Alyssa, and Brian. And on the near horizon are Sara Jane, Kelly, and Grandma Marilyn. That's a lot of singing and candle blowin. This picture is from last Sunday, but we did again this Sunday, too.




Then we did Larry's birthday up right on Tuesday. Here he is with all his grandbabies....which I pointed out that this may be the last birthday he has where he can fit them all on his lap. Baby Girl Mehring is set to arrive in a couple of weeks...which we'll know more about after tomorrow. She surprised her mom with a little news last week that she is now head up and tush down and may be arriving during a scheduled c-section instead of making an entrance on her own timing. Rechecking to see that she didn't have a change of heart (and position) tomorrow afternoon. :)


Grant, getting a lesson on blowing out the candles from Grandpa.

...and then chill-axin with G.G. during candle time today.





What you can't really tell in this picture if that Larry is holding Grant in the chair by his belt loop, and here's a little video of what was going on with these pictures. This boy is a hoot I tell ya.




Chad and I went down to the St.L and took in our first game of the season with Michael, in his new TOTALLY AWESOME seats. We would've been within ear shot of Matt Holiday, had he not went down with that emergency appendectemy thing (I'm not even gonna act like I know how to spell that, and I'm lazy enough tonight to not look it up. Sorry.) But instead of Matt Holiday, it was Allen Craig. Not as thrilling, but he did make some good catches. We had two foul balls hit, each two to three sections away from us in opposite directions. We left the kids with Larry and Chris, so we actually sat and watched the game, and I only carried one bag inside the stadium and it was of average handbag size. We had some eight dollar beers, walked to a Soulard Bar and met up with Scotty and some McK friends, then headed back to Springfield, where we slept, just us two, in our bed, until 9 a.m. and it was BLISS. I have no pictures to document these events. Just the memories in my mind.


You really do take for granted the littlest things...like sleeping in your own bed for 8 uninterrupted hours with just the people that are supposed to be in the bed. I would also like to note a couple of other things that I have recently taken for granted, but have now realized their importance:

*toilet paper...we've been out since Saturday morning and every time we leave the house I forget...and now it's Sunday night and we're still using kleenex. It's not nearly as convenient.


*my Clinique facial soap. I ran out a couple of months ago and out of a combination of busy-ness and laziness I have not made it to Macy's to buy more. Instead I chose to just buy some crappy facial cleanser from Wal-Mart...and from about one week after that purchase until the present, my face has looked like I'm in high school again. Alright. I get it Clinique. You really ARE better than cheap soap and possibly worth the extra money.


*Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara. I do realize this is turning into a toiletry/cosmetic type list, but these things are important. Turns out, and I may have mentioned this before...but Max Factor has discontinued selling their products in the US. I have used their mascara since I've been allowed to wear it, which has been a 'few' years. I've been on a search to replace it with another brand, but so far, it has been fruitless. All the stuff that I've tried either doesn't plump, doesn't lengthen, clumps, or worse doesn't stay on my lashes but instead makes me look like a raccoon two hours after I put it on.


Immediate steps must be taken to correct the above mentioned situations. I will not take any more of your time reading about my 'horrible' problems. ;)


This is a big week in our house, regardless of toilet paper and my choice of facial cleansers and mascaras. Landon is scheduled to have his first soccer practice tomorrow. That is, if we don't all blow away in a storm tonight...or tomorrow. And his first soccer game will be on Thursday. (the next day that they're calling for rain in the forecast) All I know is if there's zero soccer happening this week, we're gonna have one unhappy camper.


In other big family news,

CONGRATULATIONS, HEATHER AND BEN!

who will be officially tying the knot in the fall of 2012. So happy for you both!

No comments: